Fulfilling Social Responsibility in China
Apart from continuously expanding its business in China and contributing to the prosperity of related industries and areas, Reed Exhibitions is also committed to its other industrial and social responsibilities in China. In 2008, Reed Exhibitions promoted the sustainable development of the Chinese conference and exhibition industry and gave back to Chinese society through the following initiatives:
• Endorsing and effecting IPR protectionat its events
• Advocating exhibition statistics auditing, transparency and verifiable reporting of statistics
• Creating green exhibitions by raising the environmental awareness of the participants and partners and taking green initiatives
• Training its local employees through the Reed Exhibitions China University
• Implementing the Reed Exhibitions China Scholarship Program to promote exhibition education and talent development
• Donating RMB 1 million to the victims of the Wenchuan earthquake
• Launching the Reed Exhibitions Greater China Summit, calling on industry members to jointly enhance exhibition stands and render more world class events in China.
• Reed Shanghai gave monetary support for the daily living expenses for 12 children from a rural village in Henan province.
• Reed Huabo rebuilt the dilapidated facilities of Hemu School in Guangdong.
• Reed China sponsored the 6th Annual ICS Charity Golf Tournament and supported raising over RMB 625,000 to needy families in the Changning District, Shanghai.
• Reed China partnered with Sowers Action, fund raising for donation of 465 new warm jackets to schoolchildren in rural west of China.
• Reed Hongda donated and delivered warm clothes to needy children in Henan.
• RX Greater China’s latest CSR effort supporting artificial limb donations has raised over USD 14,000 to help individuals walk again and rebuild their lives.
• Reed Management Associates Program (RMAP) is launched.
• RXGC Marketing Certification Program is launched to educate and certify marketers。
• Young Talent Program is launched.