Reed Exhibitions has over 500 events in 43 countries. Globally, Reed's portfolio of exhibitions and conferences serves 43 industry sectors across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Africa. The company employs 3,700 people worldwide. Reed Exhibitions is part of the RELX Group plc, a provider of professional information solutions to the science, medical, legal, risk management, and business-to-business sectors.
After over three decades of rapid growth, in China today, Reed Exhibitions Greater China is made up of nine outstanding member companies: Reed Exhibitions China, Reed Sinopharm Exhibitions, Reed Huabo Exhibitions, Reed Huaqun Exhibitions, Reed Exhibitions (Shanghai), Reed Guanghe Exhibitions, Reed Huabai Exhibitions, Reed Hongda Exhibitions and Reed Exhibitions Kuozhan.
Currently, over 600 staff help Reed Exhibitions Greater China serve 13 specialized sectors: Electronics Manufacturing & Assembly • Machine Tools, Metalworking & Industrial Materials • Converting • Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, Beauty & Cosmetics, Sports & Recreation • Gifts & Homeware • Auto Aftermarket • Lifestyle • Gaming • Publishing • Property & Travel• Environment & Urban Management• Energy, Marine, Mining, Oil & Gas • Broadcasting, TV, Music & Entertainment.
In 2015, according to self-generated statistics, Reed Exhibitions Greater China’s member companies held over 50 events and brought together more than 1.07 million visitors, together with 50,000+ conference delegates. Our events hosted nearly 32,000 suppliers whose stands spanned over 1.6 million sqm of show floor space.
Reed promotes sustainable development in China’s MICE industry and gives back to Chinese society in a number of ways:
- Nurturing young talent and giving staff abundant opportunities for continuing professional development. In 2008, the first-of-its-kind Reed Exhibitions China University project was launched. Since then, an average of 300+ participants join 12 courses per year. Today, through this initiative, Reed remains a professional position in the global exhibition industry.
- In 2010, the Reed Management Associate Program (RMAP) was added to Reed’s development portfolio to give flourishing prospects access to the industry’s best training resources. Since then, 28 Management Associates (MA) have joined the company, with a number having now been promoted to management level.
- In 2013, Reed launched its Young Talent Program. Aimed at entry-level recent graduates, 10 young people are offered hands-on experience and accelerated learning opportunities in core Marketing and Sales functions.
- Reed endorses and implements IPR protection at its events.
- Reed also advocates the auditing, transparency and verifiable reporting of exhibition statistics.
In China, Reed combines overseas resources and local expertise to produce content rich, indurstry focused events that deliver outstanding business interaction, insightful thought management ability, corporate advancement and personal progression.
Reed Sinopharm Exhibitions Co., Ltd. (known as "Reed Sinopharm"), is the oustanding organiser of pharmaceutical and healthcare events in China. The company is a joint venture between Sinopharm, China's state-owned pharmaceutical group, and Reed Exhibitions, professional exhibition company in organising events.
Reed Sinopharm is engaged in organising a diverse range of exhibitions, conferences and other events in a variety of industry sectors. These segments include pharmaceuticals, active pharmaceutical ingredients, medical devices, chemical reagents, analytical apparatuses, glassware instruments, lab equipment, pharmaceutical equipment, packaging materials, TCM materials and healthcare products, as well as related technologies and services.
Reed Sinopharm is also responsible for outbound trade fairs held abroad, as well as for export-oriented exhibitions that take place in China. The joint venture is driven by one aim: To serve the exhibition industry and stimulate mutual development. The company produces more than 10 exhibitions and conferences every year. Events staged under the Reed Sinopharm brand are invariably effective business platforms for Chinese pharmaceutical and medical appliance companies and research institutions. They are also a professional showcase for pharmaceutical service providers keen to enhance their corporate image, exchange industry information and further explore domestic and international markets. Being part of a Reed Sinopharm event, therefore, is an unmissable opportunity to effectively engage the international pharmaceutical industry.
Reed Huabo Exhibitions (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. (known as "Reed Huabo"), is professional organiser of gift fairs in China. The company is a joint venture between Reed Exhibitions, and Shenzhen Huabo Exhibition Co., Ltd, the influential exhibition organiser in China's gift industry.
Reed Huabo is also a member of Reed Exhibitions Greater China. In 2009 Reed Huabo and Huaqun Expo announced the establishment of Reed Huaqun Exhibitions Co., Ltd. (known as "Reed Huaqun") in an effort to consolidate the gift and houseware exhibitions in Beijing and also to better serve the thriving North China gift and houseware market. To us, the consolidated strength of these two market leaders guarantees higher efficiency, stronger branding and larger scale events for participants more than ever. Reed Huabo serves China's big range of gift and houseware market and is unrivalled in its resources and market advantages.
Reed Huabo's flagship event - the China (Shenzhen) International Gift & Home Fair – is recognized as the professional and outstanding gift event in China. It is held biannually, every Spring and Autumn. The show was approved by the UFI in 2005 and because of its high level of professionalism, it attracts more than 2,800 exhibitors and over 120,000 local and international visitors to each edition. In addition, Reed Huabo holds gifts shows in Beijing (the China International Gift, Premium & Houseware Exhibition) and Chengdu (the Chengdu Houseware, Leisure Goods & Gift Fair). By serving China's northern and western markets, Reed Huabo makes a unmissable contribution to the rapid development of China's gift industry.
Please visit www.reedhuabo.com for more information.
Honours & Awards
- 2004: Listed in Brand Exhibitions during the Economics & Trade Conference held by the Shenzhen Bureau of Trade & Industry.
- In April 2005, the Shenzhen Gift & Home series was listed among the Top 16 Brand Exhibitions, supported by the Shenzhen Municipal Government.
- Approved by the UFI in 2005. Proof that the Shenzhen Gift & Home series, under the stewardship of Reed Huabo, offers exceptional quality.
- 2005: Through a public opinion survey, Huabo was identified as one of the most renowned exhibition companies in Shenzhen by Shenzhen Economic Daily.
- 2005: Made the list of "Top 20 Wealthiest Companies in the Exhibition Industry" (Private Enterprises Section).
- 2005: Huabo made the list of "Top 100 Wealthiest Companies in the Exhibition Industry"
- 2006: Among the Top 100 private taxpayers in Futian District (Shenzhen).
- 2006: Received the Highest Customer Satisfaction Award in the Shenzhen Exhibition Industry.
- 2007: Enrolled in the 2nd batch of "10 Best Shows for IPR Protection".
- 2007: Won the "Industry Promotion Award" at the 2007Shenzhen Exhibition Industry Annual Awards.
- 2007: Won the Golden Finger Award for the "Best Brand in China's Exhibition Industry" in 2007 in a ceremony jointly hosted by the Asia Fortune Forum & Alibaba.com.
- 2007: Managing Director Mike Jiang was honoured as a "Top 10 Entrepreneur in China's Exhibition Industry" in year 2007.
- 2008: Managing Director Mike Jiang was listed by the Asia Fortune Forum as one of the "Top 30 Most Influential People in the Chinese Exhibition Industry" in the 30 Years of Reform and Opening Up
- 2008: Received the Charity Certificate of Honour from Shenzhen Charity Federation.
- 2008: Won "Outstanding Contribution Award" from Shenzhen Economic Daily for promoting Shenzhen industry in the 30 Years of Reform and Opening Up.
- 2008: Managing Director Mike Jiang was listed by Shenzhen Economic Daily as one of the "Top 30 Most Influential People in the Shenzhen Exhibition Industry" in the 30 Years of Reform and Opening Up
- 2008: Declared a "Top 10 Brand Show" by the Shenzhen Municipal Government.
Formed in 2009, Reed Huaqun Exhibitions Co., Ltd. (known as “Reed Huaqun”) is a joint venture (JV) between Reed Huabo Exhibitions (part of Reed Exhibitions Greater China) and Beijing Qunxue Expo. The combined resources of the large gift show organiser in China (Reed Huabo Exhibitions) and the organiser of the Beijing International Gift, Artware & Houseware Exhibition (Beijing Qunxue Expo) makes for a formidable force in China’s exhibition industry. This joint venture serves the thriving gift and houseware market in North and Northeastern China and provides participants with the outstanding quality, high efficiency, and strong branding shows in the industry.
Yang Guangyuan is the JV’s General Manager.
In August 2009, Reed Huaqun held its first consolidated Beijing gift and houseware exhibition. These will now be a biannual event taking place in Spring and Autumn under the uniform brand of Gifts | Home • Beijing. This is the large event for the gift industry in Northern China.
Reed Exhibitions (Shanghai) is part of Reed Exhibitions Greater China. Over the world, the Reed Exhibitions brand is recognised as professional in quality exhibition production.
Reed Exhibitions (Shanghai) organises outstanding events in the machinery and metalworking industry. The China Int’l Machine Tools & Tool Exhibition (CIMES) – produced by Reed Exhibitions (Shanghai) - is number three machine tool event, after Exposition Mondiale de la Machine Outil (EMO) and the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS). CIMES spans 120,000 sqm, compared to EMO’s 200,000sqm and IMTS’s 150,000 sqm.
For more information, please visit www.cimes.net.cn
Reed Guanghe Exhibitions a partnership between Reed Exhibitions Greater China and the China Golf Show, organizes two of outstanding golf shows in Asia. The China Golf Show, launched in 2002 and held annually in Beijing, has steadily grown to become the Chinese golf industry’s professional trading and sourcing event. The Asia Golf Show, launched in 2011 and held each fall in southern China, is the professional learning, trading, and networking platform for the golf industry in Asia. Both shows receive official support from the PGA World Alliance and GCSAA.
For more information, please visit www.chinagolfshow.com
Reed Huabai Exhibitions is a joint venture between Reed Huabo Exhibitions (Shenzhen), a part of Reed Exhibitions Greater China, and CCAGM Exhibition (Beijing) Holdings, the organizers of the China Daily Use Articles Trade Fair.
The company, established in 2012, has taken over the organization of China’s industrial event for everyday commodities: the China Daily Use Article Trade Fair. The cooperation of the two stakeholders enhances the show’s standing as a world-class trade event and comprehensive sourcing platform. Reed Huabai aims to drive market growth and have a profound influence on the daily household goods and general merchandise sector through the powerfully synergies gained by integrating the two experienced exhibition organizers into one.
Managing Director: Liu Guoliang
General Manager: Chu Xiuqi
Reed Exhibitions acquired the China International Auto Aftermarket Fair (CIAAF) in 2012 and set up a joint venture – Henan Reed Hongda Exhibitions Co.,Ltd, the big auto accessories event organizer in China. The combined efforts will offer better services at the event and enhance the influence and stature of SIAAF than ever.
In 2013, SIAAF will work closely with CIAAF to expand the market among auto dealers, retailers, distributors, agents, retrofitters and servicing companies. New business models such as e-commerce, B2B and B2C will be explored. The new partnership promotes novel concepts, including auto culture marketing, integrated auto life and business service operations.
A joint venture established in 2015 by Reed Exhibitions Greater China, a part of Reed Exhibitions, professional, and Shanghai Kuozhan Exhibition Services Co., Ltd., a China’s events organizer specialized in large and medium meetings and exhibitions, Reed Exhibitions Kuozhan is engaged in organizing touch screen industry events and is one of the nine outstanding member companies under Reed Exhibitions Greater China.
Reed Exhibitions Kuozhan organizes two international touch screen exhibitions in China each year. The China International Touch Screen Exhibition, commonly known as C-TOUCH, is a professional touch screen event, along with (concurrently held events) FILM EXPO, APFO EXPO and 3D PRINTING.
Apart from building its events to be a one-stop platform for learning, procurement, and direct experience in the respective industries, Reed Exhibitions Kuozhan conducts a wide range of technological forums as sideline events, gathering trade visitors and buyers, from locally and abroad, from a wide range of industries, including smart terminals, automotive, industrial control, aerospace, media and advertisements, healthcare and real estate. The events offer the comprehensive and cutting edge information of products and solutions, helping to drive the rapid development of the Touch Panel and 3D Printing industry in China and around the world.