Reed Exhibitions has over 500 events in 30 countries. Globally, Reed's portfolio of exhibitions and conferences serves 43 industry sectors across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Africa. The company employs 3,900 people worldwide. Reed Exhibitions is part of the RELX Group plc, a provider of professional information solutions to the science, medical, legal, risk management, and business-to-business sectors.
After over three decades of rapid growth, in China today, Reed Exhibitions Greater China is made up of nine outstanding member companies: Reed Exhibitions China, Reed Sinopharm Exhibitions, Reed Huabo Exhibitions, Reed Huaqun Exhibitions, Reed Exhibitions (Shanghai), Reed Guanghe Exhibitions, Reed Huabai Exhibitions, Reed Hongda Exhibitions and Reed Exhibitions Kuozhan.
Currently, over 600 staff help Reed Exhibitions Greater China serve 12 specialized sectors: Electronics Manufacturing & Assembly • Machine Tools, Metalworking & Industrial Materials • Converting • Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, Beauty & Cosmetics, Sports & Recreation • Gifts & Homeware • Auto Aftermarket • Lifestyle • Gaming • Publishing • Property & Travel• Environment & Urban Management• Energy, Marine, Mining, Oil & Gas • Broadcasting, TV, Music & Entertainment.
In 2016, according to self-generated statistics, Reed Exhibitions Greater China’s member companies held over over 60 events and brought together more than 1.00 million visitors, together with 50,000+ conference delegates. Our events hosted nearly 28,000 suppliers whose stands spanned over 1.6 million sqm of show floor space.
Reed promotes sustainable development in China’s MICE industry and gives back to Chinese society in a number of ways:
• Nurturing young talent and giving staff abundant opportunities for continuing professional development. In 2008, the first-of-its-kind Reed Exhibitions China University project was launched. Since then, an average of 300+ participants join 12 courses per year. Today, through this initiative, Reed remains a professional position in the global exhibition industry.
• In 2010, the Reed Management Associate Program (RMAP) was added to Reed’s development portfolio to give flourishing prospects access to the industry’s best training resources. Since then, 28 Management Associates (MA) have joined the company, with a number having now been promoted to management level.
• In 2013, Reed launched its Young Talent Program. Aimed at entry-level recent graduates, 10 young people are offered hands-on experience and accelerated learning opportunities in core Marketing and Sales functions.
• Reed endorses and implements IPR protection at its events.
• Reed also advocates the auditing, transparency and verifiable reporting of exhibition statistics.
In China, Reed combines overseas resources and local expertise to produce content rich, indurstry focused events that deliver outstanding business interaction, insightful thought management ability, corporate advancement and personal progression.